I write about teaching and learning, experiential education, and educational innovation.
- Risky Teaching: Harnessing the power of uncertainty in higher education. Routledge Press (November 2021)
- Experiential Education in the College Context: What it is, how it works, and why it matters. Routledge Press (2016)
- Beyond Learning by Doing: Theoretical currents in experiential education. Routledge Press (2012)
- The Paradoxical Provost, Inside Higher Education, June 15, 2021
- 2018 “Experiential Education Research and Its Limits.” Essay framing the special issue of the Journal of Experiential Education with a focus on higher education, 41 (1), pp. 3-7.
- 2018 “Re-Placing Outdoor Education: Diversity, Inclusion, and the Micro-adventures of the Everyday.” Journal of Outdoor Recreation, Education, and Leadership, 10 (1), pp. 20-32.
- 2013 “The Campus and Community as a Learning Laboratory: Possibilities and Limitations,” book chapter in Teaching Sustainability: Perspectives from the Humanities and Social Sciences. College Station, TX: Texas A & M Press.
- 2013 “Experiencing Sustainability: Thinking Deeper About Experiential Education in Higher Education.” Journal of Sustainability Education, May 2013.